The Australia Journals: June 3, 2010

Underside of the Bolte Bridge in Melbourne, Australia. Grabbed this picture while wandering around Melbourne one day.

For background on this series of blogs, see this intro post.


If you study abroad at Monash University Clayton Campus and stay in the dorms, chances are you’ll hear about The Nott. The Nott is a bar/pub just northwest of the campus, and every Thursday night a large amount of students from the dorms go hang out there. I was one of the few who didn’t go, but on this day I figured I would go just to be able to say I went. It was pretty funny seeing the surprise on people’s faces when they saw me there. While it wasn’t my thing and I felt like a fish out of water, I’m glad I went once just to experience it.

The Journal Entry

Written on June 4 about June 3.

Yesterday I got up at 7 and got ready. We had 2211 tute, but Nigel just did a review session that took about an hour. After that I came back to halls. I stopped by the ops office to get a package. It was a couple things from the church in Alpine. There were a couple books, a DVD, and some envelopes. The envelopes were kind of random. They would probably have been more useful…Now that I think of it, I don’t even know if I could send them from here because they already have stamps on them. Anyway, after I got back I studied 3360 for a little while until lunch. After lunch I studied 3360 until I went on my run, which was at about 3:30 as usual. After my workout I got a shower and then just chilled in my room until dinner. Our hall had a BBQ last night. That was nice. I had a couple hamburgers. Always nice to get free food. After that I came back to my room and worked on NDIPS stuff for a little bit. I worked on that until Michael came and got me to go to The Nott. I was gonna go with Nadia but she had to do an essay, so I just decided to go with Michael. It was ok. It was really loud, and I didn’t like the small of all the alcohol. Plus I didn’t really know anybody there really well besides Michael and Elizabeth. It was pretty funny to see the reactions people had when they saw me there though. I left at about 12:10 with Jonno, Michael, and Jillian. When we got back we watched a movie in the foyer for a few minutes. After a few minutes I got ready for bed. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s